Hello there, book-lover! If you’re looking for answers, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find our story, our dream, and the purpose behind the Lonely Sun.
What is the Lonely Sun?
We’re four girls who love reading, writing, and most importantly, Jesus. The Lonely Sun emblem symbolizes the Light amidst the Darkness, an illustration of the world and how it’s always been.
We hope to focus on reading and writing books that are full of light opposed to books centered around darkness. The Tales of the Lonely Sun team are spreading the word about good moral books, and how to write them.
If you’re interested in learning more about the girls behind this, head over to the Our Team page.
As a family-friendly site, we have guidelines for the books we review and/or recommend (as well as the stories we accept for our writing contests!). If you’re considering requesting a review for your book, please read the guidelines below.
- Our goal is to spread stories with hope, not doom. While we have nothing against dark stories in general, we do not accept them if they are purely grim and dark and contain no mention or possibility of hope.
- For content, think PG-13 as for a movie. Minimal language, romance, and violence are preferred.
- Violence is acceptable as long as it is not gory, graphic, or glorified (the three bad G’s 😉 ). So no horror, thank you very much.
- For romance, again, PG-13, please. Minimal innuendos and nothing beyond kissing.
- As Christians, we don’t read books about witchcraft/sorcery or magic that gets into the dark side. (We do read books with magic, however.) We don’t read paranormal-type books unless they are written in the sense of true Biblical angels and demons. And we don’t read books in the LGBTQ+ genre; however, we may be willing to overlook it if such a character appears or is mentioned in a book.
- We read the following genres: fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, contemporary, historical fiction, retellings, and (cLeAn) romance. Juvenile fiction– middle-grade to young-adult– only, please.
Once you’ve acquainted yourself with these guidelines and made sure your book matches them, sign up with THIS FORM! 🙂